Monday, February 6, 2012

More Vino Please

I love having a glass of wine for no special reason at all. Sometimes my sister brings home a bottle or two from work, Armitage, and I'd get excited seeing a new bottle sitting in the kitchen. The other day when I was sitting at Armitage studying, I noticed huge vases filled with corks as decors and also remember reading somewhere in a magazine about arranging an appealing centerpiece with wine glasses. It inspired me so much that this morning I decided to google for crafts and ideas with vino accessories. I found a similar inspiration for the centerpiece--upside down wine glasses as candle holders:
If you don't own wine glasses, you can go thrifty with this. Collect cheap glasses of different sizes, shapes and height for a more flattering centerpiece. Glass stuffing ideas: flowers, photos, small pumpkins, pine cones, fruit, stones, cupcakes (for dessert later so you're reminded to save room for it!) or any item depending on the occasion. Or you can set the wine glasses upright, fill each glass with water (add stones, marbles or sequins), throw in tea candles and you get floating candles!

When I googled the wine glass candle holders, I also came across some great ideas for corks. These are beyond, beyond brilliant:
Pretty much tempted to get wasted so I can get started on my bath mat. Kidding. I'll get it done one day! Now for the bottles, more great ideas:
More tips: glue pennies, nickels, and dimes onto it for a metallic look, use newspaper to cover up and seal with top coat or even wrap them in rope!
Other ideas I came up with...
For a party: Stick a toothpick in each cork (short end), take it out, super glue the end of toothpick and stick in again so it stays put, label each cork with guests' names so they can use the same toothpick to pick appetizers off hors devours plates. Eco-friendly! 

For the kitchen: Make refrigerator magnets by gluing a magnet on the long end and label with words such as "To Do," "Important!", weekdays or inspirational words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment