Saturday, April 7, 2012

Inner Child

Went all the way out just for food coloring. I'm ready for tomorrow.

Here's a preview of what I'll be doing. I haven't dyed eggs in..... years. I miss being a kid sometimes so doing things like these brings back happy memories. I haven't let go of my inner child and I don't think I ever would.

Anyways, these are super cool!


Marbleized Easter Eggs


Nature-Inspired Stenciled Eggs


Eggs are a great source of all the good stuff your body needs--protein, folic acid, iron, other nutrients, good fat (eat, don't omit, the yolk for your and HDL-cholesterol's sake!), vitamins and I could go on and on. It's cheap with so many ways to whip them up into various dishes.

When I'm running low on food to cook for dinner, I almost always have eggs to the rescue, just sitting there in the fridge. I'd make a sunny-side up egg sandwich with english muffin or some rustic bread along with rosemary ham, swiss, spinach and tomatoes, compressed to let the yolk ooze all over (my speciality) or wrap them scrabbled with veggies into corn tortillas along with feta. So yummy. You can't go wrong with breakfast for dinner!

So stack up on eggs and hard boil them in advance for the big day tomorrow. It's going to be eye-pleasing and appetizing to be greeted with such beautiful colors before you crack them open. Perfect for breakfast in a flash especially when you're too lazy to cook in the mornings or as a snack with some fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment