Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taper Day 4



Complete rest day today. I always have the second day before my race completely off. If my race's on Saturday, it's Thursday. If Sunday, then Friday. You'll see why I taper this way tomorrow.

Except this week's a tad different from all my taper weeks since I'm stuck on the Burpee Challenge. I didn't want to do extras last week or make it all up next week after my race which could've been favorable options to getting a well-rested week. Wanted to maintain my burpee fitness so did 63 burpees broken into 20, 20, 23 at a pace that doesn't leave me too winded. All done at 5am. The earlier, the better so I can have the whole day to back off in order to push hard when the big day comes.

6am Mobility & Flexibility
WU 300m row
Spine twists with PVC
Bent over twists
Wall squat (with elbow drag)
Squat hold & twist

Work through the following 2x:
2 min back foam roll
Band torso twist (with partner)
Side lying rotation with foam roller
Quad rotation (on all fours)
Child's pose rotation

No comments:

Post a Comment