Saturday, January 28, 2012

D.C. Flashback



As I was riding my bike to swim practice this morning, I had a flashback of a typical Saturday morning in Washington, D.C. I’d ride my bike to my favorite venue (hands down) on Capitol Hill, Eastern Market, to grab coffee, sometimes breakfast and walk around the outdoor flea market. It was like a mini get-away from daily life hassles—school, work, etc.

The market is a must-visit place if you ever make a trip down to DC for the weekend and it’s even more pleasant on such beautiful weather. They have everything from the freshest food to handmade arts and crafts, which makes it ideal for tourists and residents to spend time there on their days off. You’ll find some cute gifts or souvenirs to bring back home to your loved ones and they have one of the most… most delicious home-cooked breakfast for cheap. You might confront a long line to get your meal but it’s worth the wait.

I don’t know about you but sometimes I go there to study and people watch. It gives me a peace of mind. I’m pretty sure it’s loud and too much of a distraction to stay focused on the studying but for me, it’s not a problem… if you know what I mean. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment