Monday, January 9, 2012

Swimmer's best friend


I often cringe at women who crank up the heat in the locker room showers. Maybe they're lackadaisical towards skin care or they don't realize how much it seriously sabotages their skin's health. After a hour or two of chlorine beating, a scalding hot shower just takes another toll on the skin. Since I started swimming last summer, I've noticed nasty changes in my skin and hair. My hair grew brittle and made my skin prone to dryness and lose its elasticity. Up close in the mirror, my nose were flaky and peeling. I knew the hot water would zap away more moisture and I've always avoided it by using lukewarm water at all times despite the cold weather. I even grew up watching my mom caring for her skin every mornings and nights that I soon followed to give my skin the luxury it needs.

My regular Neutrogena and Aveeno face lotions were never enough to keep up with supple skin after swim sessions. I tried serums for a change and Burts Bees Repair Serum worked like a miracle. Just slather it on pre-swim to create a thin film barrier against chlorine and seal in your skin's natural moisture and reapply post-swim. I'm sure any serum would work but I swear by this formula for female athletes who are beauty conscious like I am. The guys might care less but if you'd like to impress your wife or girlfriend with a younger looking skin, this is the real deal. It's all natural, which is a bonus and absorbs quickly leaving no crazy shine but soft dewy skin. It's worth the price and will last you a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment