Saturday, March 10, 2012

Adverse Reaction to Fran


(Photo via Pinterest)

Yesterday's WOD at Great Times Crossfit included the Franny Fran. Si, she's a lady... but morphs into a beastly b*tch halfway through the workout. Actually, more like one-third through. Maybe I'm just sensitive because it was my first official Fran.

Basically, 21-15-9 reps of each of the following for time:
Pain is at its worst for first timers. I'm still not a fan of explosive workouts so I was pretty sensitive with this one. I got myself banged up, literally and figuratively. It wasn't just the lung and throat burning pain you experience in the end and capacious tides of numbing deadness swarming into your forearm muscles but also a bruised chin from an inefficient pull-up. 

My trainer had asked if my left hand were alright and I didn't know what he meant until he mentioned I had banged it up hard against something during the workout and that it sounded like it had to hurt. I didn't even remember that part at all. Fran had taken over my body and the only part left of me was my mind struggling to break free from that crazy witch. 

Ask anybody who have experienced pushing Fran to the max and you'll learn how much it sucks your throat dry and you cough nonstop. Post-Fran got me coughing for about 20 minutes, then ironically, I became a sneezing machine all day yesterday which was very unusual. My nose was runny, itchy and I just couldn't stop sneezing. I have no allergies but let's say I'm allergic to women who are not nice to me.

I'm glad to be done. That was one hell of a cat fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment