Monday, March 19, 2012

Hormones In The News


Just caught this topic in the Arizona Daily Star today: Low fat diet a "national security threat" says Tucson doctor. It sounded like something I agree with. 

I could not find the article anywhere online but you might want to consider this if you're on a low-fat diet. Not all fat are bad. In fact, we need some to survive! It's the hormones. 

Whatever lifestyle we choose regulates our hormones. What we eat, our sleeping habits, mood and basically how we treat ourselves in general. Fat is not to blame at all. It's better to call it a consequence of the accumulated choices you make in life. 

This just reminds me of a book I strongly recommend--Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. It had helped me gain a better picture of how hormones control your body's biochemistry in giving you the body you have now and what you can do to maintain that hormonal balance in your body. 

I don't follow the "diet" plan provided in the book. I don't believe in dieting but simply eating as natural and healthy as possible. It's not that I don't agree with the book's plan and recipes but it does gives us a base understanding of what wholesome eating looks like.

Mostly love the book for it's thoroughly-explained hormone concept, explained in a way that makes understanding easier for the average person. Well, I think. Strongly recommended anyways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment