Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kimberly Breakfast


(Counter clockwise from top: strawberries, slices of swiss and rosemary ham, eggs, and Chobani Greek yogurt)

Just mocking my little sister for eating so unhealthy..... (wink).

This is what her usual breakfast looks like. I told her I was going to take a picture of her plate whether she liked it or not and she quickly rearranged her plate in a way that's out of her style. After taking this picture, I told her it wasn't what I expected. The rearrangement screwed up what I'm trying to explain here in my blog... what she really does is arrange each portion in a "wheel," leaving a little gap in the center. As you can see in the photo above, it looks like it had been shoved all together down in the middle. Just barely what her plate looks like.

I thought her original plating was cute like it resembles the characteristics of a food pyramid in the shape of a color wheel. She changes up her plate every other day with different sides except the ham, swiss and eggs remain the same. Sometimes it's chopped avocados instead of strawberries. A banana and some other fruit. I remember making mango-cilantro-avocado salsa to go with my tilapia tacos for lunch and she jubilantly raved how it would make a great breakfast. She wasn't talking about the fish and made the salsa an addition to her color wheel the next morning. What a nerd. Kidding.

I'm just a proud sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment