Thursday, February 9, 2012

Favorites

If you know me well, you'll know what I normally wear these days. Running shorts, yoga pants, sneakers, flip-flops, sweatshirt, sweatpants, tank top or a t-shirt. Yep, that's me. I don't really get a chance to dress nicely on weekdays where training take up the majority of my time.

I do get bummed at times seeing my sister get all prettified for work or see cute styles in magazines I can't really splurge on. Instead, I splurge on workout clothes to make up for the loss! So today, I'm going to dedicate this entire article on fashion for the gym rat. Yeah buddy. Go ahead, laugh it off or get an idea of my favorites. Sorry guys, I have no idea what's in store for best picks for men (except for possibly #5, 6, & 7) but you might find this as a guidance in finding great gifts for your fitness fanatic girlfriend, wife, sister or mom. (Hint: <3 Day) Here are my top picks:

1. My number one favorite--Nike Tempo Track Running Shorts. I have these in lots of colors and can't stop buying more. Been wearing them ever since I started running! Gotta love the built-in underwear and the material is so lightweight. You'll feel naked and forget that you have them on. Best. Shorts. Ever. 


2. This tank top is good for the all-around athlete. The cut and material hugs you all in the right curves and allows you to move freely. You will feel great. Good for a hot active summer day or running errands in a light jacket.
3. For the person who hates wearing shorts and like a pair of breathable, form-fitting capris, Nike also has these in whimsical colors if you're looking to capture attention!
4. Another great top. Nice design--perfectly fitted, not too tight or loose. 

4. For the yoga fan--these shorts are perfect for sweaty sessions as intense as Bikram! 
5. For the neutral runner who love a good pair of flat, lightweight racing shoes. These are UBER comfortable and I'm already onto my second pair! **Make sure this is your kind of shoe. Go to a running store and get your gait analysis done.** (This color is for men. Women have black, light blue, hot pink and orange-pink.)
6. For the endurance athlete who need fuel in hand for long runs, your hips will befriend this fluid belt. I got mine recently at the PF Chang Marathon and Half Marathon Expo and fell in love with it instantly. It doesn't ride up and down at all like my old one does! 


7. If you're looking for a cheap running watch, this retro watch is fun to wear. When my high-tech running watch broke, I bought this watch in blue from Target the other day (for only $19.99!) as a temporary watch until my other one got fixed. Not sure if Target still sell those but I found the main website where you can get one. I still have mine as a back up and it's still a bargain favorite. Loving the bold colors! 

So far, they're pretty much the gears I strongly recommend... stay tuned for more later on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment